Monday, June 23, 2008

Importing AutoCorrect Entries from Microsoft Word into OpenOffice Writer II

This is a continuation of an earlier post on the same topic. I belatedly discovered that the DAT file that was updated, when I entered a replacement term manually into OpenOffice (OO) Writer, was not at the location I had thought. Its actual location was C:\Documents and Settings\Ray\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\autocorr. But copying the updated DAT file there did not make AutoCorrect work either. At this point, I ran out of time for the investigation. Hopefully I, or someone else, will eventually find a relatively straightforward way to get AutoCorrect entries from Word to OO Writer without manually re-entering them.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Wow, that's just what I've been looking for. Thanks